As a verb, Teamviewer can mean controlling a computer using a TeamViewer Software. It is a system that supports web conferencing, data backups. For business use, TeamViewer is a software which is for online meeting, transfer of files. It is also used to attend to customers and work with colleagues at a distance. For personal use, TeamViewer helps users stay connected with friends, family and colleagues.
- Why Looking for the Best TeamView Alternative of 2023 ?
- List of Best Free TeamViewer Alternatives of 2023
- SUPREMO REMOTE DESKTOP ASSISTANT
- JOIN .ME
- CHROME REMOTE DESKTOP
- WINDOWS REMOTE DESKTOP ASSISTANT
- CLOUDBERRY REMOTE ASSISTANT
- ZOHO ASSIST
- PARALLEL ACCESS
- BOMGAR REMOTE SUPPORT
- LITE MANAGER
- NO MACHINE
- GOVERLAN REACH
Why Looking for the Best TeamView Alternative of 2023 ?
TeamViewer in a nutshell, aims at connecting to remote software. This allows users access their files or businesses as long as an internet connection is available. Because of a hacking in 2016, many people lost confidence in the company and its reputation. Features include;
- Access to any device no matter where you are,
- Access to Windows, Chrome OS, Android, etc,
- Screen share, video calls, business chat, remote access, etc,
- Ability to communicate in your language and availability to various languages.
This software is free for personal use and for business use; it offers a trial for a month. Thereafter, payment costs $49 a month and $199 for 3 months.
List of Best Free TeamViewer Alternatives of 2023
Here, we will talk about TeamViewer alternatives that are free and affordable. They also perform almost same functions with TeamViewer. They work on Androids, Mac, Windows, etc. Here is a list compiled to select your best remote software. They are;
Also Read: Best Free Photoshop Alternatives for 2023
SUPREMO REMOTE DESKTOP ASSISTANT - Alternative Link
An amazing feature about this software is that it allows users customize its interface as their company’s logo. This feature is exclusive to this software alone. It is a plus for someone who wants to increase awareness for its company.
Supremo Remote Desktop Assistant is very easy to use, and it aims at getting jobs done on time with no hitch. It is a powerful remote app. Here are some features below
- Needs no form of installation for router settings. It has a tiny executable file that does not need installation.
- Access to many users on the same device.
- Allows its users to have meetings within a short time.
- It is available to users on the Android, Linux, Windows and other system platforms. It does not support MacOS.
Supremo is free for personal uses but for business uses, it requires a subscription. It costs $113 yearly.
SPLASHTOP - Alternative Link
This remote desktop allows you to work within the comfort of your home. It gives you access to fast and safe connections. As long as you are on the internet, you can work from devices as it supports Windows, Androids, MacOS. It allows your desktop experience very easy making you do more while working.
Its features include;
- Reliability: it is very reliable and allows you to connect for free if you have over 5 personal computers.
- Security: your connections are always protected. 256-bit AES and TLS encryption. It requires password options, verifications and authorizations on your device.
- Quality audio and video sessions: thus, inaction is not an option.
- Flexibility: for payment, it is free for individuals or people who use it for personal uses. Business wise, it costs $60 at start.
Apart from its installation which is not very easy, it is one of the cheapest remote access available. It also provides over one data encryption level. For companies, it allows them connect to their client’s systems or devices by imputing a 9-digit code.
Splashtop encourages team work.
JOIN .ME - TeamViewer Alternative Link
This remote desktop is suitable for people whoare into a business and can also be for personal uses. It is affordable and also comes free. It allows you stream 10 videos at once. It is popular for its ability to connect to over one person from many locations at the same time.
Some of Join .me’s features are below
- Personalization: ability to help you personalize your link to what you want. It enables people who are joining your conference to get familiar with your company. You can create your company’s background. Thus, making people have something to look at before the meeting starts. It encourages creativity.
- Security: it guarantees privacy and treats data as if it were a bank account. Any information shared i.e., files, images, shared in your meetings are encrypted. Thus, it is yours alone. It also allows you use a meeting lock. This enables participants knock first to know who exactly is joining the meeting
- It also allows you do your meetings on mobile phones, tablets using its mobile Apps.
These features are a few of the many amazing features Join .me offers. It is 100% free for personal users. And on the business note, it comes with a price of $19 a month. Its only weakness is that it works with MacOS X and Windows.
LOGMEIN - TeamViewer Alternative
This remote desktop focuses on helping professionals do their business. That is, it enables users access to their computers no matter where they might be. Logmein makes users access their computers, share files, store files with a click. Some features are below
Also Read: Best Free DVD Burning Software of 2023
- Computer Management: this ensures that all workstations are working very well. It tracks and records all systems from one place. It makes sure that users do not end up disappointed. This also includes, anti-virus alerts, computer audit, etc.
- Remote Monitoring: it enables teams to access their PCs to solve any problems as they arise. It helps you stay in control and access your computer at a distance
- Enables users have an online meeting with as much as 250 people with HD video quality.
- Very easy to install and also allows users to record while it is being used.
Well, as other versions are free, Logmein is not free. It only allows you have a free trial. After its expiry, you start by paying $30 monthly.
CHROME REMOTE DESKTOP - Alternative Link
Unlike Teamviewer, this remote desktop is completely free and easy to use. This is secure, and it is an upgrade for Google Chrome browser which one can access on any device. It is easy to install and contents can be accessible straight from the browser.
- One fine feature about Chrome remote is its end–to-end encryption. User information is not exposed. It is accessible to Windows, Linux devices that have a Chrome browser installed.
- It is quite limited. It lacks in areas of functionality: such as chatting, video calls,...
- Like any other version, it allows you to access devices or systems. For someone who does not need much features like what Teamviewer offers, you can go for this software.
MIKOGO - Alternative Link
One thing I can say about Mikogo is that it is affordable. It has none of the security issues associated with it unlike TeamViewer. It requires a host. Then, all other attendees connect from their various devices including tablets or Smartphone. It needs none form of software installation. Its interface is accessible to many languages, and this makes communication very easy.
- Allows other participants also share their views sharing their screen.
- Allows flexibility in the handling of your computer or your customers.
- It helps set up meetings in advance and even helps you send a reminder to those involved.
- It is also used to send and receive messages.
- Multi-user whiteboard which allows your presentation to be unique with a click.
It is a good tool for meetings, support and remote functions. It is available for Androids and iOS. For people using it for individual use, it offers a 14 day trial but for business uses; you pay $48 monthly.
WINDOWS REMOTE DESKTOP ASSISTANT - Alternative Link
It supports Mac OS X and Windows. This is an in-built feature which can be a TeamViewer alternative. You do not have to install any software before it can do its job well. The PC has to be routed, and the computer is expected to not fall asleep. You can use this remote desktop to connect another PC accessing its files, data, resources, etc.
It is 100% free to everyone and it is easy to set up.
CLOUDBERRY REMOTE ASSISTANT - Alternative Link
This remote desktop enables users’ access to provide support to remote computers. Cloudberry is free and available on any device with the internet connection. It is easy and simple to set up. Thus, users should not encounter any problems while setting it up. Below are some of its features
Also Read: Free Top USA Classifieds Sites List of 2023
- Encryption: all communication, files, images shared on the server are all secure.
- It has a dedicated channel for texting and voice chat. This aids communication.
- While in use, files would go straight to the remote PC no matter where you are.
Cloudberry is available for both personal uses and business uses.
REALVNC - Alternative Link
For a better understanding, VNC means Virtual Network Computing. It is a source upon which this software works. For remote access to another desktop, users need to select one of three choices which are:
- Home: registration is free but activation is necessary.
- Professional: this focuses on people who work from home or small business owners.
- Enterprise: aimed on a large scale.
- It supports Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.
This software helps users connect many PC’s through an IP address. Below are some of its Features
- It is simple to use: It requires no form of training for users before they can use.
- It is flexible: it is a connect on demand based software. It enables its users to transfer files and chat while in session and even print.
- Secured connection: provides end- to-end encryption, and it is protected by password.
One of its weaknesses is that web conferencing is not done on this software. So, if that is your aim for using this, it’s definitely not for you.
ZOHO ASSIST - Alternative Link
For more understanding, here are some of its features listed below:
- It helps users reboot remote computers and reconnect to the meeting without stress.
- Screen swap: it enables clients to share their screen with other people in the meeting and vice versa. This is very useful when teaching customers about installation.
- It makes sure that file transfer is possible from one computer to another incognito.
- You can also have an enjoyable chat session.
- It also helps you schedule meetings with your clients. It even helps you send reminders when necessary. Or can help you cancel or reschedule meetings if possible.
Though permission is a must, this software helps you use any computer no matter where you are. The price is affordable too and is in 3 segments too;
- Standard version which costs $8 per month.
- Professional version also costs $13 per month.
- Enterprise costs $21 per month.
ANYDESK - Alternative Link
For better alternatives to TeamViewer, Anydesk is a good remote desktop software. It provides same functions or even better than TeamViewer. Some features are below:
- It is so easy to use because it requires no account creation. Once you open, you are ready to go.
- It allows for transfer of data among PC’s. This is something which other software could not achieve.
- It performs in such a way that other alternatives could not because it does not lag. Even places where the connection to the internet is poor, it works better.
- With this software control is key, it allows only persons with authorization access to data.
- This software is so flexible because it runs on all versions of OS either new or old with no glitch.
- This software comes in over 28 languages and this makes it suitable for users all over the world.
PARALLEL ACCESS - TeamViewer Alternative
Parallel access is distinct. This is because it enables its users make use of their PC software almost like they do on their android and IOS. It is simple and allows user access windows files from mobile devices. For people willing to pay a token of $19.99 you can access the features of this software
Also Read: Best Free LogMeIn Alternatives of 2023
Some features it possesses are as follows;
- It allows users gain access to their windows and MacOS from their Android or IOS phones.
- This app allows you move your documents from your MacOS to your windows and vice versa.
- This software allows access to your hard drive, so users can copy, share files with as single tap of their fingers.
The only drawback if this software is that it is only available for android and iOS devices.
BOMGAR REMOTE SUPPORT - Alternative Link
Bomgar remote support which is now known as beyond trust support is a secure software. It comprises a very strong firewall, which makes tunnelling using VPN impossible. Thus, this ensures the data of users are intact. So for those searching for a secure software then Bomgar is perfect for you. Some of its features are as follows;
- This website guarantees each user a unique compartmentalized environment. This makes it impossible for user data to ever suffer mixups.
- This website focuses on security, especially that of its users' data.
- This software also enables its users to restrict misuse of privilege access by other end users.
- This software is available on various platforms which include windows, ChromeOS, Linux.
This software is very expensive as it costs around $1995 per year. This cost can serve as a major turnoff for potential users.
LITE MANAGER - Alternative Link
Lite manager is like TeamViewer. it allows users control many computers from an administrative computer. Lite manager offers free plans. These free plans allow the administrative computer to command over 30 computers. Later on, users can move on to their paid plans which gives you control over a wider amount of computers. This software also gives users more features which include;
- This software is in two distinctive parts. Server and viewer. The viewer software needs installation on the administrative computer. While the server needs installation on other PC’s for supervisory purposes.
- The outlook of the software can be user customized
- This software allows video chats, text and audio messages.
- It comes with a free version with the option to upgrade to the paid version.
NO MACHINE - Alternative Link
Also called NX, this software aims at granting administrative control access to users. No machine software is free to individual users. You only need to download and install unto your computer and you are good. If you are looking for a TeamViewer alternative which is also free, then No Machine is your go to app. This software has some mind blowing features as below;
- It is free of payment.
- This software allows users customize their security platforms. it allows keyboard locking, and screen blanking among others.
- This software experiences little or next to no lag while running.
- This software can also record job processes, while working so users can watch it later
- This software allows users create a connection to allow others join in.
GOVERLAN REACH - Alternative Link
This TeamViewer alternative renders its support to IT enterprises. These enterprises have their workers spread across various places around the world. Using this software, IT enterprises can maintain and configure updates, and security patches. It is also used to sort out issues of their customers on time. The subscription cost for this software i $29 monthly. This software has the following features;
- Easy to set up.
- It provides high security (high encryption) of the communication
- It allows users to keep tabs on health and screen activity of all users’ machines.
- It allows users to keep track of performance and detect any performance issue.
- It also allows for real-time chat to help customers sort out their issues on time.
- It provides a 30-day free trial, and the software is accessible for downloads.
- It provides IT supports.
GOTOMYPC - Alternative Link
GOTOMYPC is a TeamViewer alternative which grants user’s remote access on their PC. This software is for various uses ranging from personal use, IT corporations. GOTOMYPC was recently purchased by LogMeIn with all its different versions. These three versions have different subscription costs which include:
Personal: goes for $35 monthly and covers the use of two computers.
Pro: goes for $66 monthly, this covers a small team that need access to over one user.
Corporate: goes for $140 monthly and covers users that need administrative control. The following features are that of GOTOMYPC they include;
- This software provides safety of user data, also reliable, so users can be rest assured it is safe.
- It provides simultaneous control of computers because they are all integrated.
- This software does not need a large amount of processing power as it has an inbuilt compressor
- It has an in-built drawing tool which aids support experts provide self help to users. For example, they use the tool to circle a point where they want the user to make a change.
WEBEX - Alternative Link
Webex is one the closest competitors to TeamViewer. It is popular for its efficiency in web video conferencing. If you are looking for a remote desktop that has more than TeamViewer has to offer, this is for you. Here are some features;
- It makes video conferencing look very easy. You get to find out about a client’s background, if you are meeting for the first time.
- It does not encourage inactivity. During calls or meetings the video quality is always great, it does not lag.
- It supports online training, can train clients about installation processes.
- Messages are very protected with the use of password.
- It helps users schedule meetings and remind them of any changes
Webex is available on various platforms like Linux, windows, MacOS, etc.
It is free and comes with paid plans too.
Above, we have been able to talk about free best TeamViewer alternatives. You can select whichever you find suitable for your use based on the details
Best Free TeamViewer Alternatives of 2023? ›
Splashtop Remote is one of the best free TeamViewer alternatives today. With Splashtop Remote, you can easily control and access your computer remotely with other mobile devices such as tablets, phones even if you are not at home or work!What is the free alternative to TeamViewer? ›
Splashtop Remote is one of the best free TeamViewer alternatives today. With Splashtop Remote, you can easily control and access your computer remotely with other mobile devices such as tablets, phones even if you are not at home or work!Is there a better app than TeamViewer? ›
Splashtop stands out as the best alternative to TeamViewer as it offers several remote access packages designed to fit the unique needs of each user. For example, Splashtop offers a plan for individuals and small teams to access their remote computers, and a plan for IT to provide remote support to any device.Why AnyDesk is better than TeamViewer? ›
Both AnyDesk and TeamViewer allow for multi-device, cross-platform access. Using AnyDesk, teams can access desktops, servers, machines and other devices from local desktops. And with TeamViewer, teams can connect regardless of platform, including PC to PC and PC to mobile.How can I control another computer remotely for free? ›
- VNC Connect.
- ConnectWise ScreenConnect.
- Splashtop Business Access.
- GoTo Resolve (formerly GoToAssist)
- EV Reach.
There are no fees, no time limits, and no subscriptions.
Simply download TeamViewer for personal use and start helping friends and loved ones with their computer or mobile device issues by connecting to their device and helping them as if you were there — even if you're on separate continents.
AnyDesk offers an easy-to-use Remote Desktop Software that includes all basic features that are free for personal use.Why not use TeamViewer? ›
Understandably, their top concerns are that TeamViewer access data could be tapped or that a third party could monitor their connections. TeamViewer has brute-force attack security protocols in place to keep connections safe and private.Does Microsoft have something like TeamViewer? ›
To overcome the challenges of different communication needs, tool preferences, and geographical distance, companies turn to Microsoft Teams for a powerful all-in-one collaboration and communication solution.Who is the competitor of TeamViewer? ›
We have compiled a list of solutions that reviewers voted as the best overall alternatives and competitors to TeamViewer, including ConnectWise ScreenConnect, GoTo Resolve (formerly GoToAssist), Splashtop Business Access, and Zoom.
How long can you use AnyDesk for free? ›
Anydesk session time limit
With the free license, sessions are limited to 60 minutes. This means that after 60 minutes, your remote session will automatically disconnect and you will need to reconnect to continue your work.
AnyDesk is free for personal use and offers a limited set of features and support. Professional users need a license. Click here to find more details on the benefits of a paid license.Why do hackers use AnyDesk? ›
How do hackers use AnyDesk to scam people? AnyDesk allows users to access another computer from a remote location. This can be done using either the AnyDesk address or generating a session code. Hackers often use the latter method in AnyDesk scams.What is the safest way to remote access a computer? ›
Use a secure Virtual Private Network (VPN).
If you set up a VPN, your remote desktop server won't be connected directly to the internet. It will only be exposed on your local network, which could leave it less vulnerable to hackers.
TeamViewer – The Remote Connectivity Software. Connect to any device, at anytime and centrally monitor and manage your IT with the world's most trusted remote access and support solution.What program can I use to control someone else's computer? ›
Use Google Chrome Remote Desktop to control another computer. Once the app is installed both on your computer and the one that you need to control, things are a lot simpler.How long does TeamViewer free license last? ›
In a world where monthly expenses add up quickly, TeamViewer is free for personal use. This can't be overstated. There are no fees, no time limits, and no subscriptions.How many times can I use the free TeamViewer? ›
Besides, only 1 concurrent connection is allowed for TeamViewer free version. It appears to be common that TeamViewer suspects users using it for commercial purposes, which they are not, and blocks their connections.What's the difference between UltraViewer and TeamViewer? ›
UltraViewer and TeamViewer both have free versions. However, UltraViewer allows free use with no time limit, regardless of the object and purpose of use. While TeamViewer is only free for personal users, UltraViewer is available for business users who want to use basic features and use it for commercial purposes.How many connections can I have on AnyDesk free? ›
You can create one connection as a free user. As a single user with our Solo license, you have the possibility to create one connection at a time. If you have a Standard license, you can create one concurrent connection by default but more can be optionally purchased.
What is the disadvantage of AnyDesk? ›
The only downside is the price, but I think it is worth it. AnyDesk is an excellent remote desktop software that is easy to use, has great security features and is super fast. It is reliable and offers great features such as screen sharing, file transfer and voice chat.What is the free IP for AnyDesk? ›
AnyDesk's “Discovery” feature uses a free port in the range of 50001–50003 and the IP 239.255. 102.18 as default values for communication.Is TeamViewer Traceable? ›
The IP you connect from will be available to the computer you access. The sites you access in a web browser from that computer will only see a connection from that computer, and will not be able to determine the IP you used to connect from on Teamviewer.Do companies use TeamViewer? ›
We have data on 28,893 companies that use TeamViewer. The companies using TeamViewer are most often found in United States and in the Information Technology and Services industry. TeamViewer is most often used by companies with 10-50 employees and 1M-10M dollars in revenue.Can TeamViewer work without Internet? ›
Starting a connection via LAN
Click on Connect to partner, and enter the remote computer's TeamViewer password when prompted. Now you are connected to the remote computer directly over the LAN, without using the internet.
- Troop Messenger.
- Chrome Remote Desktop.
- WebEx Remote Access.
- Ammyy Admin.
Features. Microsoft Teams and Teamviewer both include key features that make them top choices. Microsoft Teams includes text and video chat functionality, as well as file sharing and individual screen sharing. It also integrates with Microsoft Office software.Should I trust TeamViewer? ›
TeamViewer is considered completely safe by today's standards and is used by financial institutions and government facilities. Two-factor authentication for your TeamViewer account.Is TeamViewer a Chinese company? ›
TeamViewer SE is an international technology company headquartered in Göppingen, Germany. The company became known for the TeamViewer remote access and support software of the same name.Which country owns TeamViewer? ›
Since the company's foundation in 2005, TeamViewer's software has been installed on more than 2.5 billion devices around the world. The company is headquartered in Goppingen, Germany, and employs around 1,400 people globally.
Why did you choose TeamViewer over these alternative product? ›
Unlike some competitors, TeamViewer is compatible across platforms:from PC to PC, mobile to PC, PC to mobile, or mobile to mobile. Where other software options are limited, TeamViewer performs well even in low bandwidth environments, so that you can connect wherever you—or your customers—are.Can someone access AnyDesk without permission? ›
To use Unattended Access, setting up a password on the remote device is required. This is done in the security settings. You only get access to the remote device, when you enter this password in a dialog window. The window appears after you requested a session.Can anyone access my PC using AnyDesk? ›
Anyone who knows the password and your AnyDesk ID can potentially have full access to your computer depending on the available permissions. A password that exceeds at least 12 characters is highly recommended. AnyDesk also supports Two-Factor Authentication for the best security.How do I permanently use AnyDesk? ›
- Install AnyDesk on the Remote Device. You can download the latest version of AnyDesk on our website. ...
- Configure AnyDesk on the Remote Device. Next, you'll want to set a computer name and password for the remote computer. ...
- Connect to the Remote Device.
When AnyDesk is used professionally, a paid license is required. This way, we can continue offering a free version for private use and help you support family and friends without having to pay.How do I set up AnyDesk for free? ›
- 1 Download AnyDesk. Download AnyDesk at www.anydesk.com.
- 2 Install AnyDesk on your device. AnyDesk can be easily installed with just 1 click.
- 3 Enable Unattended Access & security settings. To enable Unattended Access, you need to adjust your Security Settings.
- 4 Apply the license key. ...
- 5 Start working.
Chrome Remote Desktop is free to download and use.
You'll use your Google account, which is also free, to access the application.
If scammers convince you to download AnyDesk and share your unique access code, they can gain remote control of your Apple, Windows, or Android device. Once they're in, they can search for sensitive information to use to steal your identity or manipulate your screen when you log in to your bank account.Can my phone be hacked through AnyDesk? ›
Once you have downloaded the app, the app will generate a nine-digit code on your device which will be used by the hacker to access the data and SMS service on your device. The hacker via this method can hack any mobile-banking or payment apps.Does deleting AnyDesk stop access? ›
If you have removed the Anydesk executable then your computer cannot be accessed by that identification number.
Does LogMeIn have free version? ›
LogMein Pro does not offer a free plan, requiring users to pay for access. The individual user plan costs $349.99/year for access to up to 2 computers. For access to up to 5 computers, the Power Users Plan is available for $839.99/year.Does free TeamViewer have unattended access? ›
Work 24/7. TeamViewer's unattended remote access software is the perfect solution for global companies that work across time zones. Log onto a PC to access and use key resources without having to waste time sending and transferring files.Is AnyDesk safe to use? ›
AnyDesk Remote Desktop Software comes with the highest security standards. From military-grade encryption to customizable security features, AnyDesk offers outstanding security that perfectly fits your needs.Is Google Remote Desktop free? ›
Chrome Remote Desktop is Google's contribution to the remote desktop software market. A completely free tool, CRD gives users the ability to access remote computers through a Google Chrome browser.What is the difference between TeamViewer and LogMeIn? ›
LogMeIn allows multiple users to connect to a single host, but only one user can control that session/connection. TeamViewer only allows one connection (channel) at a time with the free version, or three with the "Corporate" version of their software.How much does LogMeIn cost per month? ›
LogMeIn Pro FAQs
LogMeIn Pro has 3 different plans: INDIVIDUALS at $30.00 per month. POWER USERS at $70.00 per month. SMALL BUSINESSES at $129.00 per month.
So, how much does TeamViewer cost? TeamViewer's starting price is $49/month (or $588/year)*. Splashtop starts at $5/month (or $60/year) for remote access or $17/month (billed annually $199/year) for attended remote support.How much does a license for TeamViewer cost? ›
|Remote Access||Starting at $24.90 Free Trial|
|Business||$50.90 Free Trial|
|Premium||$112.90 Free Trial|
|Corporate||$229.90 Free Trial|
ENCRYPTION AND AUTHENTICATION
TeamViewer traffic is secured using RSA public/private key exchange and AES (256-bit) session encryption. This technology is used in a comparable form for https/SSL and is considered completely safe by today's standards.
High CPU usage can usually be attributed to hardware acceleration on systems with weaker graphics processors. The easiest way to resolve this is by disabling the hardware acceleration option of the graphics processor on the remote computer.