Summary: AnyDesk and TeamViewer are two of the best-known remote desktop software that allows experts to work on any device remotely. But which one should you choose, when both have highly similar features? Let’s dive into detail and find out the major differences between AnyDesk vs TeamViewer and understand which one would suit your requirement.
Remote access software solutions have become a necessity in many organizations across the globe and used for various tasks such as accessing files from a remote location, software troubleshooting, and transferring files remotely.
These software solutions help organizations in reducing the time and effort taken to resolve issues related to a software or operating system remotely.
But how to find the best one for your organization and even personal use. So, we have compared the two leading remote access software, AnyDesk vs TeamViewer on major parameters like pricing, features, pros and cons.
Staying Connected with Best Remote Access Software
There are numerous remote access software systems available in the market today that come with an array of features. However, it is crucial to choose any software that fulfills all the requirements for your business or organization.
Therefore, we are going to compare two of the leading remote access solutions available in the market today — TeamViewer vs AnyDesk.
Table of Contents
Founded in 2005, TeamViewer is one of the leading remote access systems available in the market. It facilitates individuals and organizations to access remote desktop systems in a secure environment. Its remote UI lets users seamlessly drag and drop files from the remote desktop to their local system and vice versa.
In fact, through TeamViewer, users can wake up a system remotely and restart it. Other than this, you can also install applications remotely on sleeping devices.
Unique Features of TeamViewer:
- Secure Remote Access: TeamViewer helps users gain access to a remote system by sharing a unique randomized ID with the other person using the remote desktop. Users will not be able to gain access unless they don’t authorize the session. All the latest versions of TeamViewer inclusion version 12,13 and 14 are encrypted, for additional security, with AES session.
- Multiple Platform Compatibility: TeamViewer is compatible with all popular operating systems, macOS, Linux, including Windows and Android. In addition, TeamViewer also provides cloud-based management services, which enables users to use TeamViewer on browsers without having to install it.
- Remote Hardware Access: With the help of TeamViewer, users can give commands to the hardware connected to the system. Functions such as remote access to the printer, cursor and even shutting down/restarting the system can be executed with the help of TeamViewer.
- Text, Audio, and Video Communication: TeamViewer comes with efficient tools for real-time communication between the local and remote users. This helps both the parties to exchange information, reports. and insights during sessions.
Pros of TeamViewer:
- TeamViewer Free Download and Installation: TeamViewer download is easy, as even its latest version is compact and can be installed on all major platforms effortlessly.
- Cloud-based Services: It also provides users the option to directly access TeamViewer through any browser, without downloading and installing the .exe file.
- Drag-and-drop: It provides an easy drag-and-drop file transfer feature, which makes file transfer as easy as copying and pasting files from one local drive to another.
- Designated Access: It allows authorized users to access files without having to go through the two-factor authentication process.
- Multiple Simultaneous Sessions: TeamViewer 12 and the above versions gives users the ability to perform multiple sessions simultaneously under separate tabs.
Check out the India Video Conferencing Apps
Cons of TeamViewer:
- Large File Sharing: While it is ideal for sending and receiving files with small sizes, it doesn’t allow large file sharing. In addition, when its file-sharing capability reaches the upper limit, it begins to lag.
- Proxy Server: TeamViewer is designed in such a way that it cannot operate on a proxy server. While this has been done to make sharing of files more secure, some users who use proxy servers might find it inconvenient.
- Low Efficiency with Low Bandwidth: Often, if the internet bandwidth is low, the software’s efficiency decreases, and its features such as cursor control and file transfer lag.
- Easy to download and install
- Offers cloud-based access
- Provides drag-and-drop file sharing
- Enables easy designated access to specific users
- Allows multiple simultaneous sessions
- Large file sharing isn’t possible.
- It doesn’t provide access to proxy servers.
- ow efficiency when low internet band
Suggested Read: TeamViewer Vs GoToAssist Vs AnyDesk
Launched in 2014, AnyDesk software remote access solution comes with features such as unattended access, cloud-based access and is ideal for transferring files quickly and seamlessly. The tabbed browsing experience and condensed, hidden menus make AnyDesk easy to use.
Thescreen sharing software is easy to use locally as well as remotely with the help of any mobile device at any time. It comes with advanced features for file transfer at 60 FPS (frames per second) over LAN as well as the internet, securely.
Unique Features of AnyDesk:
- Remote Server Monitoring: AnyDesk allows users to monitor all the workstations on a server and to perform functions across the local network such as transferring files, installing applications, and troubleshooting. AnyDesk for Ubuntu has been made as compatible for remote server monitoring as AnyDesk for Windows.
- Mobile to PC Remote Control: AnyDesk allows users to access remote computer systems from personal computers as well as fromiOS andandroid mobile devices with AnyDesk App. With the help of AnyDesk app on mobile devices, users can perform most of the tasks that can be executed from a computer, such as file transfer, desktop access, printer access, shutdown, and restart, to name a few.
- Whitelist: AnyDesk provides the whitelist feature to its users through which they can allow selected users and devices to freely access a particular system without asking for permission repeatedly.
- Widget-inspired User Interface: With its latest update, AnyDesk has revamped its user interface taking inspiration from widgets. It makes various tasks necessary to maintain the workflow, such as file transfer and quick commands, seamless.
- Multiple Language Support: AnyDesk comes with multiple language support, which makes it easy for users who aren’t fluent in English to use the software seamlessly.
Pros of AnyDesk:
- AnyDesk Download and Installation: The installation file is 1.1 MB, making it one of the lightest remote access solutions in the market.
- Low-Latency: AnyDesk is really fast and its remote access screen works almost as quickly as the local system.
- No Session Limit: Unlike many other free remote access solutions, which have a session limit, Any Desk has no time restrictions or pop-up timers. In addition, it requires no sign-up or personal details.
- Responsive Interface: It is quite responsive in terms of latency and has several features to support keyboard inputs.
- AnyDesk for Mobile: The makers have customized the AnyDesk app for mobile platforms such as AnyDesk Android, AnyDesk for MacOS, and AnyDesk for Windows.
Cons of AnyDesk:
- Copy and Paste: Copy/paste might be an issue as many remote users couldn’t copy text from the remote machines and paste it into their own device. This bug is reportedly fixed in the latest version.
- Resolution Glitches: In some cases, adjustments in the resolution of remote desktop do not work properly.
- Installation Required for System Files: If users need to make changes or access the system files, they are required to install the software on their local machine. Browsers aren’t authorized to access system files for security reasons.
- Small size installation file
- A low latency rate makes navigation fast.
- It doesn’t cap the time for its sessions.
- Responsive interface and multiple keyboard shortcuts.
- App for all major mobile platforms.
- Instances of glitches in copy-paste feature.
- Instances of fluctuations in remote desktop’s resolution.
- Installation is mandatory to access system files
Difference Between AnyDesk and TeamViewer: A Detailed AnyDesk vs TeamViewer Comparison
While there are various factors and features to compare AnyDesk vs TeamViewer, there are some key points that are worth looking into, before deciding to choose the one that suits your requirements.
AnyDesk is ideal for individuals who are looking for efficient solutions for fast navigation, remote desktop control, remote server monitoring, an interactive dashboard to name a few.
In fact, AnyDesk is available on cloud and on-premises both. TeamViewer, on the other hand, is suitable for individuals looking for features such as secure file transfer and sharing, communication modules, and cloud-based access to name a few.
Moreover, in terms of providing customer support, TeamViewer and AnyDesk both offer call, chat, and articles. Although, TeamViewer is a little better as it also comes with a ticket support feature.
For a detailed AnyDesk and TeamViewer difference, refer to the table below:
|TeamViewer Vs AnyDesk||TeamViewer||AnyDesk|
|TeamViewer 14 – ₹719 per month onwards||AnyDesk – ₹899 per month onwards|
|Suitable for Company Size||1-5000||1-5000|
|Organisation Type||+ Mid-Market|
|Operating System||+ Windows|
+ iOS & iPadOS
+ Chrome OS
+ Windows 10
|Training||+ In Person, Online Through Live Chat & Supporting Manuals||+ Through detailed training manuals and documentation|
|Ease of Use||4.4/5||4/5|
|Deployment||Cloud-based||Cloud-based & On-premises|
+ Customer Portal
+ Support Ticket
+ Knowledge Base
+ Call Support
+ Community Support
+ Guides & Manuals
|+ Call Support|
+ Help Center
+ Chat Support
+ Customer Success Manager
|Value for Money||Better for Individual Users||Better for Teams|
AnyDesk and TeamViewer Performance and Speed: Which is Better in Terms of Performance?
A quick AnyDesk vs TeamViewer performance comparison. AnyDesk for PC provides better navigational properties and a user-friendly interface with quick commands. TeamViewer, on the other hand, provides a variety of features for communication and is ideal for light file sharing. Hence, in terms of performance, both are equally competent.
AnyDesk vs TeamViewer: Which Provides Higher Flexibility
You can use TeamViewer for integrating with third-party applications like Zendesk and Cherwell Microsoft Intune Salesforce. In addition, it is compatible with operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is free for testing and provides the flexibility of cross-platform access.
AnyDesk on the other hand, is compatible with Raspberry Pi, along with other popular operating systems. While it can be integrated with other third-party applications, to do so, you need to get REST-API and documentation for domain and authentication.
TeamViewer vs AnyDesk Security: Where Your Data is More Secure
TeamViewer iswell-known for its AES session encryption foradditional security.It also ensures a two-stepsecurity feature for its sessions.
AnyDesk’s infrastructure provides a secureenvironment for remote connections. It uses bank-standard TLS 1.2 encryption technology for safekeeping user’s data andRSA 2048 asymmetric key for every session.
AnyDesk Vs TeamViewer: Which Ensures Better Compatibility
In terms of compatibility, TeamViewer has a slightly upperhand as it supports all possible client versions. TeamViewer is compatible withWindows 2000 SP4 to Windows Vista ¹, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 andall possible Windows 10 versions.
On the other hand, AnyDesk is mainly compatible with a few versions of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Also, it doesn’t support iPadOS TeamViewer is also compatible with iOS 10, but AnyDesk supports starts with iOS 11 and later.
AnyDesk vs TeamViewer Pricing: Which Offers Better Plan
Let’s compare the AnyDesk vs TeamViewer pricing. While the starting plan of AnyDesk starts at around ₹899, TeamViewer provides its single user plan at ₹719 per month.
AnyDesk, in its Solo paid plan, offers features for one-person companies. This plan supports a single licensed user who can login on 3 devices. Along with this, the starting plan also allows 1 outgoing connection, supports the management of 100 devices, and facilitates mobile device customer support.
TeamViewer’s Remote Access plan also comes with 1 licensed user who can manage up to 3 devices. Additionally, it also allows users to connect to unlimited devices and have one concurrent connection.
Features Comparison: TeamViewer vs AnyDesk
|Real Time Chat||Yes||Yes|
|Remote Desktop Control||Yes||Yes|
|Surveys & Feedback||Yes||No|
- Is AnyDesk better than TeamViewer?
The performance of both TeamViewer and AnyDesk is competent and their interface is user-friendly too. While AnyDesk has built-in navigational tools and quick commands, TeamViewer provides a range of communication tools and is the best for sharing light files.
- Which is faster AnyDesk or TeamViewer?
AnyDesk and TeamViewer both perform fast when it comes to offering the functionalities they are best suited for. If you use AnyDesk for remote server monitoring and remote desktop control, it helps navigate really fast. TeamViewer, on the other, performs fast when used for sharing files during cloud access.
- Is AnyDesk safe to use?
AnyDesk is safe because it uses bank-standard TLS 1.2 encryption and RSA 2048 asymmetric keys for secured sessions and file sharing.
- Does AnyDesk have a time limit?
Free version of AnyDesk can be used for an unlimited number of sessions. Based on the license type AnyDesk can be used for running several instances on your device.
- Can AnyDesk work without Internet?
AnyDesk can be accessed offline too. All you have to do is download the software and install it. You can then access it offline for remote sharing and communication.
- Is AnyDesk similar to TeamViewer?
TeamViewer and AnyDesk are both remote desktop sharing software that allows users to access and control another computer from a different location. However, they both differ in terms of features, pricing, compatibility, and security.
- Is there anything better than AnyDesk?
AnyDesk is one of the best remote desktop sharing applications that has all the basic features of remote desktop sharing applications like mobile device support, secured sessions, file manager and so on. However, if you're looking for something more robust with additional features such as chat and file sharing, then you may want to consider other options like TeamViewer and Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Is TeamViewer better than remote desktop?
Yes, TeamViewer offers better features than remote desktop. TeamViewer has additional features like port forwarding, firewall configuration, cross-platform operability, and so on.
- Which software is best for remote access?
AnyDesk and TeamViewer are both popular choices for remote access software. They both have their own unique set of features that make them stand out from the rest. AnyDesk is known for its fast performance and ease of use, while TeamViewer is best known for its range of communication tools and file-sharing capabilities.(Video) 10 Teamviewer Alternatives That You Should See!
- Is TeamViewer free for private use?
Yes, TeamViewer is free for private use. You can use it to connect to your own computers and devices, or those of your friends and family. There are no time limits or restrictions on what you can do with the software.
- What are the advantages of AnyDesk?
Some of the advantages of using AnyDesk include its fast performance, ease of use, and light installation. AnyDesk is also available for free for private use, making it a great choice for those who need remote access software but don't want to spend any money.
- What are the limitations of TeamViewer free?
TeamViewer free cannot be used for commercial purposes. It doesn’t offer features like multiple device management, session transfer, and work collaboration.
Looking at all the factors from the two leading solutions, it boils down to the features that match the requirements of your organisation. We would recommend choosing the software that checks all or most of the boxes for the augmentation of your business processes.
So, if you are looking for a remote access software for just personal use, you can go ahead with TeamViewer as it is cheaper than AnyDesk.
However, if you are looking if you are a large team, you must go for AnyDesk as its Teams plan allows 20 licensed users along with 500 managed devices. Whereas, in the same Team plan, TeamViewer only allows 200 managed devices along with 1 licensed user.
Was this article helpful?
Would you like to get latest offers on software?
Thank you for your feedback! Soon we will provide you best offers
Which is better TeamViewer or AnyDesk? ›
AnyDesk has 1471 reviews and a rating of 4.6 / 5 stars vs TeamViewer which has 11162 reviews and a rating of 4.63 / 5 stars. Compare the similarities and differences between software options with real user reviews focused on features, ease of use, customer service, and value for money.What are the limitations of AnyDesk? ›
AnyDesk Free Version Limitations
The free version of AnyDesk only allows you to access up to 3 devices, which can be a constraint if you have multiple devices you need to connect to. AnyDesk Free is also lacking several features commonly needed by remote desktop users, including: Remote reboot. Remote wake-on-LAN.
From Remote Access and Control to File Transfer, Screen Sharing, and professional User Management – AnyDesk offers a variety of functionalities and is a user-friendly alternative to TeamViewer and other Remote Desktop providers.What is the maximum session time for AnyDesk? ›
Anydesk session time limit
With the free license, sessions are limited to 60 minutes. This means that after 60 minutes, your remote session will automatically disconnect and you will need to reconnect to continue your work.
Unlike some competitors, TeamViewer is compatible across platforms:from PC to PC, mobile to PC, PC to mobile, or mobile to mobile. Where other software options are limited, TeamViewer performs well even in low bandwidth environments, so that you can connect wherever you—or your customers—are.What is the advantage of AnyDesk? ›
- Adaptation. Use the possibility to adapt AnyDesk quickly and easily to your company needs.
- Integration. Integrate usage data into your own systems and business processes via the REST-API.
- Cloud or On-Premises. ...
- Support. ...
- Consulting. ...
AnyDesk Remote Desktop Software comes with the highest security standards. From military-grade encryption to customizable security features, AnyDesk offers outstanding security that perfectly fits your needs.Is AnyDesk a good or bad software? ›
It is reliable, secure, fast and easy to use. The only downside is the price, but I think it is worth it. AnyDesk is an excellent remote desktop software that is easy to use, has great security features and is super fast. It is reliable and offers great features such as screen sharing, file transfer and voice chat.Can anyone access my computer from AnyDesk? ›
Anyone who knows the password and your AnyDesk ID can potentially have full access to your computer depending on the available permissions. A password that exceeds at least 12 characters is highly recommended. AnyDesk also supports Two-Factor Authentication for the best security.What is the maximum session duration in TeamViewer? ›
However, that is very unfeasible. Finally, if you are using TeamViewer for non-commercial purposes but need to use it longer than the five-minute time limit, the easiest way is to purchase a license.
How many connections can I have on AnyDesk free? ›
You can create one connection as a free user. As a single user with our Solo license, you have the possibility to create one connection at a time. If you have a Standard license, you can create one concurrent connection by default but more can be optionally purchased.Is AnyDesk slower than TeamViewer? ›
AnyDesk and TeamViewer both perform fast when it comes to offering the functionalities they are best suited for. If you use AnyDesk for remote server monitoring and remote desktop control, it helps navigate really fast. TeamViewer, on the other, performs fast when used for sharing files during cloud access.Can someone access AnyDesk without permission? ›
To use Unattended Access, setting up a password on the remote device is required. This is done in the security settings. You only get access to the remote device, when you enter this password in a dialog window. The window appears after you requested a session.Is AnyDesk legit for remote desktop? ›
AnyDesk is a legitimate software tool that allows people to remotely view and control computers and mobile devices. For example, if an employee at a large company has a technical issue, someone on the IT team can use AnyDesk to “take over” the device and diagnose the problem.Which company owns AnyDesk? ›
AnyDesk is a remote desktop application distributed by AnyDesk Software GmbH.What are the disadvantages of TeamViewer? ›
The following features are unavailable in the free version: remote printing, blank screen, block remote input, and wake-on-LAN. Lack of important security features including automatic security or feature updates. Unable to add additional users.Why not use TeamViewer? ›
Understandably, their top concerns are that TeamViewer access data could be tapped or that a third party could monitor their connections. TeamViewer has brute-force attack security protocols in place to keep connections safe and private.Which app is better than TeamViewer? ›
Zoho Assist is a reliable and affordable alternative to TeamViewer. Assist is a super-fast remote support software with multi-platform accessibility and was designed to suit the requirements of all businesses. Features: Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS efficiently.Is AnyDesk no longer free? ›
AnyDesk is free for personal use and offers a limited set of features and support. Professional users need a license. Click here to find more details on the benefits of a paid license. If you are still unsure, click here to learn more about the differences between personal and professional use.Why do hackers use AnyDesk? ›
How do hackers use AnyDesk to scam people? AnyDesk allows users to access another computer from a remote location. This can be done using either the AnyDesk address or generating a session code. Hackers often use the latter method in AnyDesk scams.
How popular is AnyDesk? ›
AnyDesk has market share of 8.36% in remote-support market. AnyDesk competes with 46 competitor tools in remote-support category. The top alternatives for AnyDesk remote-support tool are TeamViewer with 56.10%, ConnectWise Control with 9.51%, DameWare with 3.59% market share.Is AnyDesk a Chinese company? ›
Founded in 2014, AnyDesk is one of the leading remote desktop software providers worldwide and one of the fastest-growing companies in Germany, with more than 200 employees and 9 offices in different countries.Is it safe to use TeamViewer? ›
ENCRYPTION AND AUTHENTICATION
TeamViewer traffic is secured using RSA public/private key exchange and AES (256-bit) session encryption. This technology is used in a comparable form for https/SSL and is considered completely safe by today's standards.
No, they cannot.Can malware spread through AnyDesk? ›
Severity:- Medium. It is reported that a new malware campaign, spreading “Vidar” info-stealing malware through spoofing of AnyDesk site is active. More than 1300 domains, impersonating the genuine AnyDesk site, are involved in malicious campaign and redirect to Dropbox folder pushing Vidar and infect endpoints.Does deleting AnyDesk stop access? ›
If you have removed the Anydesk executable then your computer cannot be accessed by that identification number.How do I get rid of AnyDesk? ›
This can be done using either the --remove or --uninstall command as mentioned in Installation Commands. --uninstall will start the uninstallation process for the AnyDesk client.
AnyDesk Remote Desktop Software comes with the highest security standards. From military-grade encryption to customizable security features, AnyDesk offers outstanding security that perfectly fits your needs.Should I trust TeamViewer? ›
TeamViewer is considered completely safe by today's standards and is used by financial institutions and government facilities. Two-factor authentication for your TeamViewer account.Is IT safe to use TeamViewer? ›
ENCRYPTION AND AUTHENTICATION
TeamViewer traffic is secured using RSA public/private key exchange and AES (256-bit) session encryption. This technology is used in a comparable form for https/SSL and is considered completely safe by today's standards.
Should I install AnyDesk on my computer? ›
For desktop-based platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux), it is not necessary to install the AnyDesk client. In fact, the portable client can simply be run with a double-click and contains the vast majority of our features. Please see Installation and Portable vs Installed for more information.Do websites know I use TeamViewer? ›
No one can see that you are using teamviewer unless they have access to the network traffic between your laptop and your desktop pc.Who owns AnyDesk? ›
AnyDesk's current Founder, Chief Information Officer is Olaf Liebe.Why would someone ask me to download AnyDesk? ›
Scam victims are noticing a trend: hackers manipulating the popular computer software called AnyDesk. AnyDesk is a legitimate software program that allows someone to take control of your computer if you need help with a technology issue. Scammers know this.